Help and Support
Where to seek professional help
- Maternity clinic staff, maternity clinic psychologist
- Health centre GP
- Psychiatric outpatient clinic
- Emergency services in your area
- Social services in your own area (the need for support can be investigated there: for example, financial support, child day-care, home care assistance, couple and family crises, home service for families with children)
- In the event of an acute emergency, you can ALWAYS call the emergency number 112
The peer support provided by Äimä
If you want to talk to a peer support mother, please contact the volunteering coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. Peer support does not replace professional help but is intended to work alongside it.
You can also talk with a peer support volunteer via chat.
Peer support chat in English:
Friday 29.9. at 14:30-15:30
Friday 6.10. at 14:30-15:30
Friday 13.10. at 14:30-15:30
Friday 20.10. at 14:30-15:30
Friday 27.10. at 14:30-15:30
At chat time, you can open the chat window on our main webpage, www.aima.fi (“Apua chatista” box). Then click the “Vertaistukichat” button to start discussion.
More help available
Mieli (Mental Health Finland) ry offers help in crisis, more information can be found here.